ABC’s “The Rookie” cast is currently on hiatus because of the strike but fans will get to see the cast grace our screens again very soon!!
Months back, the cast gathered together to film a brand new episode of “Celebrity Family Feud” and we finally have a premiere date!
“The Rookie” cast will join the show on August 27th!
In this upcoming episode, get ready to witness a clash of the rookies as the casts of “The Rookie” and “The Rookie: Feds” face off in a showdown. As these two teams of talented actors and actresses go head-to-head, it’s a chance for fans of the shows to see their beloved characters in a whole new light as they compete for a good cause.
Tune in on August 27 at 8:00 PM on ABC!
Family Feud basics:
- Each game sees two teams of five compete to see who can get the most points based on the popularity of answers to a given prompt, as responded to by a 100-person survey panel.
- There are three rounds of team-vs-team gameplay. The second round sees points double and the third round sees point triple.
- Each round starts with one family member from each team attempting to buzz in first with their best answer. If the team that buzzes first gives the top answer, they have the option to play the round or pass it to the other team. If the first answer given is not the top answer, the other team has the opportunity to guess the top answer.
- After a team decides to play the round, each subsequent team member makes guesses at the remaining responses. If they give a correct response, the answer is revealed. If they guess incorrectly, they get a strike.
- If a team gets three strikes before answering all responses, the opposing team has the opportunity to steal, needing to only give one correct answer to take the points.
- The team with the highest point total after the three rounds moves onto Fast Money, where two players try to amass 200 points providing answers to the same five questions (the second player does not know the first player’s answers). The first player is given 20 seconds to answer all five questions, with the ability to pass and move on to the next question if they want, which they can come back to if time remains. The second player gets 25 seconds, the extra time in the event they give an answer their teammate already provided.
The Rookie stars Nathan Fillion, Alyssa Diaz, Richard T. Jones, Melissa O’Neil, Eric Winter, Mekia Cox, Shawn Ashmore, and Tru Valentino. Lisseth Chavez recurs. John Nolan (Fillion) is a middle-aged divorced man from Pennsylvania who owns a construction company. He decides to give up his old life to pursue a new career as a police officer in the Los Angeles Police Department. He graduates from the Police Academy, is the oldest rookie on the force, and eventually becomes a training officer. He works with Sergeant Wade Grey (Jones), Detective Angela Lopez (Diaz), training officers Nyla Harper (Cox) and Tim Bradford (Winter), fellow rookie Lucy Chen (O’Neil), and the station’s newest rookie, Aaron Thorsen (Valentino).