BET’s “All The Queen’s Men” Stars stepped out this month to support Tyler Perry’s and his Néw documentary!
“Maxine’s Baby” is currently streaming on Prime and quickly entered the Top 10.
Check out photos of Eva, Oshea, Michael & Keith at the “Maxine’s Baby: A Tyler Perry Story” at Rialto Center for the Arts at Georgia State University on November 8th:
The upcoming documentary about Tyler Perry’s remarkable life and extraordinary career, “Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story,” is set to make its world premiere at the 2023 AFI Fest, which is hosted by the nonprofit American Film Institute and will take place October 25-29 in Los Angeles. Not only will the film premiere at the festival, it has been selected as the Centerpiece Screening at this year’s event, and will screen on Friday, October 27 at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
Directed by Gelila Bekele and Armani Ortiz for Amazon Studios, “Maxine’s Baby” offers a tender, intimate portrait of the billionaire writer, actor, filmmaker, studio head and media mogul, and takes audiences into the inner world of Tyler Perry, whose story has never fully been told.
Based on the popular book Ladies Night, created by actor Christian Keyes, whom also serves as a writer for the series, the one-hour drama centers around the life of “Marilyn ‘Madam’ DeVille,” played by Eva Marcille. Madam is a fierce businesswoman who is at the top of her game in the nightclub industry and is surrounded by a band of trusted employees who are down to make sure that she is successful. But Madam, a self-proclaimed boss, soon discovers that more money and more power mean more problems. Will Madam retain reign as she navigates this dangerous and s*xy society? Will the sensuous world of exotic dancing cost Madam her queendom and potentially her life?
Created by Keyes, “All The Queen’s Men” is one of the first shows from Tyler Perry Studios’ scripted development arm, Pitch Black Development LLC, headed by the studio’s President of Production & Development, Michelle Sneed.
The cast of “All The Queen’s Men” includes:
· EVA MARCILLE as “MADAM (Marilyn Deville)” a savvy, powerful, uncompromising businesswoman who owns a high-class male strip club that she runs fairly but with a firm hand; she’s unafraid to do whatever it is she has to do to keep her business going.
· SKYH ALVESTER BLACK as “AMP “ADDICTION ANTHONY”, a dancer with a hidden past who has found difficulty getting hired after being released from prison, so he goes to work as a bouncer/doorman in Madam’s club, Eden.
· CANDACE MAXWELL as “DJ DIME” the resident DJ at Club Eden. She is ambitious and looks to Madam as a mentor.
· RACQUEL PALMER as “BLUE” Madam’s chief of security. Blue is frequently seen at Madam’s side when things get a little dicey.
MICHAEL ‘BOLO’ BOLWAIRE as “DOC” one of the male strippers at Club Eden. Doc gets along well with his fellow dancers and a little too well with one of Eden’s patrons.
· KEITH ‘FATAL ATTRACTION’ SWIFT as “BABYFACE”, is the oldest dancer of the group, though he doesn’t look it. He’s questioning the number of days he has left at the club and his many client entanglements cause him plenty of drama.
DION ROME as “EL FUEGO”, one of the dancers at Madam’s Club Eden who is a bit flirtatious with Madam. He loves who he loves and is quite the techy.
· JEREMY ‘MASTERPIECE’ WILLIAMS as “MIDNIGHT” a confident and tough male stripper who sparks a different vibe in Madam than the other strippers. She enjoys him though it’s hard to say how personal their relationship is.
· CHRISTIAN KEYES as “THE CONCIERGE” is a calmly intense hitman, and member of the Damascus family, hired to blackmail Madam.
“All The Queen’s Men” is executive produced by Michelle Sneed and Christian Keyes. Elon D. Johnson serves as co-executive producer for Tyler Perry Studios. Kim Fields Morgan directed the first four episodes of the series and also serves as consulting producer.